Pages

Friday 27 December 2019

Summer Learning Journey Activity 1 : Everyday Heroes

Everyday the men and women in the Emergency Services provide help and support people in New Zealand and around the world. At times they have to risk their lives in order to save others.
Common Emergency Services include the fire service the police force and the ambulance service. Other related services include the air ambulance, search and rescue, coast guard, surf lifesaving, and the civil defence amongst. In Australia fire services are currently fighting more than 150 wild fires burning in New South Wales, a province on the east coast of the country. The wildfires started in November 2019 and are not expected to stop for many weeks. It is a very challenging time for the men and women serving in the Emergency Services in Australia.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Tangi!

    Congrats on completing another Summer Learning Journey activity! I really enjoyed reading about the Emergency Services and how they help people around the world! I'm glad that there are people who are willing to help others! What could be some ways you can help?

    Keep up the great work!

    Siosaia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Tangimetua,

    It is lovely meeting you! I am so excited that you are joining us for the Summer Learning Journey 2019-2020. Have you done this programme before?

    This is my first year joining the Summer Learning Journey, and I am so excited that I get to read over the Manaiakalani blogs.

    I’m really looking forward to summer, aren't you? In my spare time I like spending time at the beach and hanging out with my friends. I also enjoy going for walks and I absolutely love cooking and baking. What are you looking forward to doing this summer?

    Those are all great ideas of how you could help the bush fires in NSW, Australia. I definitely think sending fire fighters over would be extremely helpful.

    Have you been to Australia before? Or, do you know anyone who lives over there? I hope for their safety if so!

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.