Friday, 4 August 2017
Friday, 16 June 2017
Guess what we did for fitness.
First we did our warm ups and stretched all the muscles in our bodies.We had leaders that were showing different ways to stretch.
Afterwards, we had a challenge.
Room 8 girls and boys, Room 10 girls and Room 10 boys had to make up a chant and we were acting like army soldiers jogging together as a tight knit team.
We had fun and we enjoyed our fitness. We love doing fitness.
By: Maya and Tangimetua.
Friday, 19 May 2017
On Thursday the 18th of May 2017 we had netball. Netball was in Glenbrae School's Hall.
Before we started Chrissy and Antonia introduced their names to us.We started but first we had to play a warm-up game named Shore, shark, sea.
When we finished the warm-up game we had to be split up into two groups.When we all got into our groups we had to practice chest passing, shoulder passing, bounce passing and over-head passing.
For the next activity we did a game called under and over.We had to be in 4 groups.
We got to play our game called Under and over until we had got to the other side of the hall.
I felt happy because Antonia and Chrissy taught us how to do awesome netball passing.
WALHT: We are learning to make predictions using visual cues and our prior knowledge on the topic or title and by reading the text.
SUCCESS CRITERIA: I am able to confirm my prediction by reading the text.
- My Predictions:
- I predict that this story is about a haka group.
- Dancing group.
- Maori group.
- Key Ideas:gathering,patting,uniform,loving,coming
- Vocabulary and meanings: - Write at least 10 words down and its meaning.
- Feet:it’s a body part that helps you walk.
- Crowd:a punch of people.
- Scared:something you're afraid from.
- Parents:Your mum and your dad.
- Funny:something that makes you laugh.
- Breathe:when you make suck in the oxygen.
- Heart:something in you that helps you breathe.
- Pukana:when someone's got a horrid face on.
- Loving:when you like something.
- Eyes:something in your face that helps you see.
- My question and answers:
- Why was the boy not feeling ok?because he had Heart valve disease when he was born.
- Why was the boy breathing hard?because he was not feeling well.
- Why did he have a Heart valve diseases?Because he was born with it.
- There was a boy named Te Ata who had Heart valve disease when he was born.Then when he was doing a dance with his friends he was breathing hard and then when it finished he got sent to the doctors and the doctors said that he had Heart valve disease.
Friday, 5 May 2017
Today room 10 went out with Mrs Raj for fitness. Mrs Raj told us all about geometrical shapes. When Mrs Raj told us about geometrical shapes part of our fitness was about making shapes with our bodies.
The first shape we made was a rectangle. It was hard because we had a small number of people in our group. The next shape we made was a triangle. The triangle has 3 sides. Then we made a square. After that we had to say three facts about the shapes we made with our bodies.
It was fun and exciting because we got to do 10 star jumps,10 push ups,10 step ups and we ran around the courts twice.